1. Why did you sign up for Dreamwidth?
it sounded like a fun project to get involved with when it was starting, so i volunteered.
2. Why did you choose your journal name?
i've been rainbow in various places for about 3 decades now, and on lj since the early 00s. i kept it when i signed up here.
3. Do you crosspost? Why or why not?
i do, because it's easy and automatic
4. What do you do online when you're not on DW?
keep up wtih friends and communities on facebook, mostlym with forays downs the genealogy rabbit hole sometimes.
5. How about when you're not on the computer?
i'm mostly on the computer because i can't do much physically. when i can i like to play with the cats, garden, knit, make buttons, sew cat toys, draw
6. What do you wish people who read your journal knew about you?
that i am very literal, and when i ask things it's for information and understanding.
7. What is your favorite community on Dreamwidth?
8. What community do you wish was more active?
i am okay with the activity levels
9. Are there two people on your reading list that you think should meet?
no, i am not good at "should"s
10. Tell me about your default icon.
it is a portrait/drawing i did of catastrfy, one of the others who shared this body but died/vanished in the tbi of 1997.
11. What features do you think Dreamwidth should have that it doesn't currently?
a way to remind me to check it every day, because i have massive memory issues.
12. What do you consider the five most "telling" interests from the list on your profile?
i don't; they are all part of me.
13. Do you have any unique interests on your user profile? What are they? How'd they get there?
::happydance!:: -- because i do it often
bells n ribbons -- because i've been passing those out to friends since 1996 (good gravy, twenty years???)
good sleep -- because for most of my life it was elusive
identity first language -- i'm autistic
j. herbin ink -- for my fountain pens. larmes de cassis!
learning everywhere all the time -- because i want to
non-binary identity -- because i am
obes -- because my body doesn't work well, but i can obe just fine
snuggling in my comfy bed -- because it IS comfy
14. Did you have a gateway fandom? Still in it? Why or why not? Is there a community for it on DW?
i am reading this too ways: for getting to lj/dw: yes, i got to livejournal via the original bronze posting board at buffy.com. after the move to the wb and some other stuff, a bronzer made a private posting board called the treehouse.w hen that poster retired, i took it over. friends from their started using livejournal, so i made an account there in 15 years ago today.
for getting into fandom, also yes: the original dark shadows and the original star trek, both in reruns in the summer after 6th grade. i had a star trek official fan club membership and got a dark shadows zine. i was 12.
15. What's your current obsession? What about it captures your imagination?
genealogy: i love finding out more about where my families came from, finding distant cousins who can tell me things i didn't know, and i lovelovelove connecting distanting parts together.
ehlers-danlos syndrome and mast cell activation disorder: finding out that i'd been diagnosed when i was 11 and finding out the overlap with mast cell activation disorders has made my health issues since childhood make sense for hte first time. i love learning more about the genetics and the weirdnesses.
16. What are you glad you did but haven't really had a chance to post about?
i have no idea.
17. How many people on your reading list do you know IRL?
i have no met many face to face: 12
but i consider a lot of people i haven't met face to face irl friends and family, because i've been housebound and too ill to meet people much of my life. going by that: 25
18. What don't you talk about here, either because it's too personal or because you don't have the energy?
i mostly talk on facebook, because more of my friends and family are there and lack of spoons for multiple places.
19. Any questions from the audience?
20. Yes, but what are your thoughts on yaoi?
i have none
21. What's your favorite thing about Dreamwidth?
i have found people i had lost post tbi and i love that <3