dee_burris: (Default)
[personal profile] dee_burris
The first Cathedral of St. Andrew was consecrated in 1846, at Second and Center Streets.

The current cathedral, located at 617 Louisiana Street, was consecrated in 1881 by Bishop Edward M Fitzgerald, who was only 33 when he came to Little Rock, and found five priests to serve the post-Civil War diocese. (He was the only English-speaking bishop, and only one of two prelates in the world, to vote against the declaration of papal infallibility at the First Vatican Council in Rome in 1870.)
Then...

Photobucket

Now...
Photobucket
The cathedral is still an active house of worship today.

Profile

dee_burris: (Default)
Dee Burris Blakley

October 2016

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Shakin' the Family Tree on Facebook

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Dec. 6th, 2016 08:14 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios