Twenty farmers pledged their support for the extension of the electric power line through the Hopewell and Economy communities at a meeting held at Hopewell church Wednesday night. The proposed line will start at the C L Davis store on Highway 105 and the main line will extend to Burnett Cove with the laterals tapping nearby residences and covering a total of approximately eight miles. County and home agents were present and explained the advantages of electricity on the farm and in the home. Excerpted from The Atkins Chronicle, 28 Oct 1938.
Blogs I follow:
- Are My Roots Showing?
- Claiming Kin
- Climbing My Family Tree
- Climbing My Family Tree - One Branch at a Time
- Coloring Outside the Lines
- Clue Wagon
- DearMYRTLE's Genealogy Blog
- Family History Fun
- Gene Notes
- Genealogy Insider
- Greta's Genealogy Blog
- Life from the Roots
- My Ancestors and Me
- Nolichucky Roots
- Photo Detective
- Sepia Saturday
- Shades of the Departed
- Southern Graves
- The We Tree Genealogy Blog
- 2338 W Washington Blvd
Family Trees hosted at Rootsweb
Shakin' the Family Tree on Facebook
- 1: Elmwood Cemetery, Memphis TN
- 2: Mary Mathilda Wharton, 1859-1938
- 3: Confederate Soldiers Rest, Elmwood Cemetery, Memphis TN
- 4: Guest blogger, Cristi Broach Hendry
- 5: One of those boring surname posts...
- 6: An Ashmore cousin came to call...
- 7: Musing on William Burris, born 1782
- 8: Sepia Saturday: Ruth playing in the surf at Santa Monica, July 1926
- 9: Photographs and memories...
- 10: Errata. Because I have to set the record straight...
Expand Cut Tags
No cut tags